Dear C4C Prayer Partners,
The past few months have been a whirlwind. Here is a quick overview:
· In early March Congo suddenly declared that they were going to begin releasing the children that they had blocked from coming home for over 2 years.
· The list had only 50 or so names on it (out of over six hundred). In answer to many of your prayers all four of our kids were on that list.
· Didier left immediately for Kinshasa to jump through all the remaining hoops for both the Congolese and US governments. He was there 40 days before leaving for the USA.
· Around the middle of April Didier arrived in San Francisco with all four children to the waiting arms of family. It was a wonderful day!
· For the next 30 days we did a whirlwind deputation tour. Didier was finally able to return home in mid-May.
While Didier was in the states we were able to visit new and supporting churches.
Evening Service and Fellowship
While here Annie reported to Didier that the ceiling in their home had fallen in because it had been eaten by bugs from above. Many of you responded to this need and a we were able to repair both the ceiling and the wiring in the house with upgraded materials that should last a very long time. The finished room are a wonderful blessing to the family. They were living in the guest house because things were so bad in their home. Thanks so much to all of you who gave so generously!
New Living Room Ceiling
Relationships with former orphans and their parents were renewed. There were lots of smiles and joy!
Home at last with Mom and Dad
One week after returning to Congo, there was an international Bible Conference held in Lubumbashi. A dear friend of Didier’s from Seminary came with his wife to teach and preach.
Rachael and Sublime Mabiala
International Bible Conference
As we write preparations for the trip to Mufunga are under way. We will begin building the church on the land we own there. The men going will build 20,000 concrete blocks over the next several weeks. Once that is done the building of the church itself will begin.
Pray for the means to drill a well on our property that will provide pure water for everyone. The community is presently drinking, bathing and washing clothes in a stream shared with animals. They are experiencing very severe health problems from filthy water.
Please pray that we will be able to begin regular preaching in the village by the end of summer. There will be spiritual resistance to this. Satan is the “god of Mufunga” and he will not release that place easily to the God of Creation. We are weak and ask for your continual prayer for the planting of the church in Mufunga Sempwe. May God protect His servants and prosper the preaching of His Worthy and Exalted Son!
We are your servants in Congo,
Pastor Paul Anthes
2 Corinthians 4:5-7 5 For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;